At 50 km from Volos, the traditional hotel Lagou Raxi offers charming rooms with sea and mountain views, at the hills of the picturesque village of Lafkos. Nice hospitality, refreshing swimming pool and gourmet flavors await you in this friendly place. Βuilt in compliance with the local architecture of Pelion, the traditional hotel, features a nice flower… Leggi di più
At 50 km from Volos, the traditional hotel Lagou Raxi offers charming rooms with sea and mountain views, at the hills of the picturesque village of Lafkos. Nice hospitality, refreshing swimming pool and gourmet flavors await you in this friendly place. Βuilt in compliance with the local architecture of Pelion, the traditional hotel, features a nice flower garden and veranda with a splendid views to the sea and the surrounding mountains. Lafkos is a favourite destination throughout the year with an emphasis on an ecologically sound environment for visitors.
Think Greek for hospitality, French for wines and culinary expertise and English for comfort. Lafkos is a favourite destination throughout the year with an emphasis on an ecologically sound environment for visitors.
In this newly built hotel each of the 20 bedrooms and suites has its own unique character with a different layout and views. They are all light and airy with contemporary classic decoration and most of them have balconies. The rooms are located in three ‘houses’ which overlook the sea, the village and the gardens, and have been designed to provide flexible accommodation options.
A unique room, the Rotunda, situated on the first floor of the main building, stands out for its magnificent views and its special shape which echoes the traditional towers of Pelion architecture. Each room has been given the name of a South Pelion beach to emphasise our central location and their easy accessibility.
You can enjoy the swimming pool and summer bar, the tennis court (from the Spring of 2014), the gardens, the restaurant, our comfortable seating area with its magnificent fireplace, the bar and the restaurant featuring an outdoor terrace. We have a library, a playroom/seminar room and a larger function room for exhibitions, special occasions and seminars.
The hotel has been constructed according to local traditions and architecture to blend in perfectly with the style of the area.
Services and facilities
• Swimming pool with lap lane, shady ‘tents’ and outside summer bar with full service
• Sitting room, bar and terrace with sweeping views over the Pagasitic Gulf
• Restaurant, specialising in Mediterranean cuisine, and Wine Bar with a wide selection from France, Italy, Greece etc.
• Tennis court (from Spring 2014)
• Indoor playroom/small seminar room for courses: photography, life enhancing skills, painting, food and wine appreciation, etc.
• Gardens and French inspired parterre with quiet areas for relaxation
• Library with artists’ corner
• Wireless internet throughout
• Spacious room for Weddings, Celebrations & Reunions, Seminars and Exhibitions
• Treatments on request (facials, shiatsu, pedicures etc.)
• Optional garage parking
• Up to date special needs facilities
• Half and Full Board available on request
• Tea/coffee making facilities in each room
• A limited room service is available
• Airports and Volos transfers – travel advice and concierge services – taxis (inc. water taxi to Skiathos)
• Official helicopter pad just outside the village
• Several languages spoken by experienced staff
• Washing and dry-cleaning on request
• Home grown organic produce throughout the year
• A fully qualified teacher of yoga/pilates/meditation, latin dancing and water aerobics will give regular classes from May 2014
Lafkos is the centre of this network and a natural starting point for walks The village is renowned for its spacious plateia. Its Radio Museum, art and sculpture Museum, model aerodrome and other year round activities. These include musical and artistic events throughout the year but particularly in the summer. A programme of Spring and Autumn walks is organised by a local association, the Friends of the Kalderimi, who have produced excellent route maps of all the paths, including those which are opened up each winter after years of neglect.
Our facilities are not limited to those within the building and grounds. Lafkos is a pedestrianised village of great natural beauty and the surrounding area is an ideal location for walking, riding and cycling. It is also possible to rent small boats or speedboats for day trips.